Moving across country is something most Americans will experience at least once in their lifetime. Moving doesn’t have to be a burden though, so try looking at it as a life adventure. There are many ways to determine the true cost of moving across country. Below are a few examples:
Cost of Moving Across Country – In home Estimates
In-home estimates are a good place to start – especially if you are moving a large household. Smaller household estimates may not be necessary but just in case follow these steps:
- Call your moving professional at 24-7 Van Lines and request an in-home estimate. Moving estimates can vary depending on square footage and the size of the items you wish to move.
- Schedule a time that is right for you and a moving professional will come out to meet and discuss with you the details of the estimate process. Be sure to prepare a list of questions to ask as to help streamline the estimate process.
- Step 3: Allow at least 25-35 minutes for your moving professional to adequately assess the cost of services.
- Step 4: Determine special requests you may have concerning the handling of specific items – such as: glassware, electronics, music collections, or artwork.
- Step 5: Revisit your budgetary goals to determine if the in-home estimate meets your financial goals. Doing so will save you piece of mind and give you the proper information you can use to make a good decision.
Cost of Moving Across Country – Looking at Options
Once the cost of moving across country is determined, it’s time to consider any other options and weigh them accordingly. For years, many Americans have relied on truck rentals, storage pods – even ground shipping to create even the slightest option with regards to moving on a budget. Times have changed however – and the cost of gas and other pricing structures have rendered even the most tried and true moving methods obsolete.
When it comes to moving an entire household, hiring a competent and experienced moving company is typically the best way to go. This is because moving companies buy supplies (such as boxes and protective packing materials) in bulk and are able to pass the savings onto the customer.
Furthermore, moving companies – such as 24-7 Van Lines are used to helping customers determine the true cost of moving across country due to years of experience in this field.
Hidden costs associated with moving day often hinder the decision making process, which is precisely why moving companies go above and beyond to put your financial reservations at ease. After-all, knowledge is power and it is in your moving professionals best interest to inform you of all the other costs associated with moving across country, such as: cost of moving supplies; cost of labor; state or local tariffs; storage fees.
When it comes to determining the true cost of moving across country, no other company, other than 24-7 Van Lines, can deliver the kind of customer service you’d expect from a full service moving company. With years of cross country moving experience, hiring a professional moving company will make your life adventure go over as planned, allowing you to focus on more important things in life – such as, the road ahead.